- NHC Northcliff: 011 214 9000
- NHC Bryanston: 011 700 6666
- NHC Honeydew: 011 801 5600
- Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Born and raised in Alberton, where I completed my school career and found my feet. I discovered the intriguing field of dietetics by accident during my grade 11 year and I knew that this is the career that I will pursue at the University of Pretoria (UP). The “Jacaranda city” rewarded me with lots of purple flowers and precious memories. I managed to enjoy a residence life for 2 years while completing my studies and I’m grateful for the skills and people that House Madelief gave me.
I always keep myself busy and you’ll seldom find me doing nothing. During my final year at UP, I gained experience in the Pretoria communities as well as the Johannesburg communities. I finished my challenging final year at the biggest hospital in Africa, Chris Hani Baragwanath Academic Hospital (CHBAH) where I gained various skills and knowledge that I will treasure for the rest of my life.
Along came the unexpected year of 2020 and I was back in my hometown, working as a community service dietitian at Thelle Mogoerane Regional Hospital in Vosloorus. It was a challenging, yet rewarding year and I will forever be grateful that I managed to fight on the frontlines during the first year of the covid-19 pandemic.
I was shocked to find out that I had high cholesterol in my final year of high school and I know the unknown feeling that comes along with a new diagnosis. Luckily with a few lifestyle changes, my life was changed back to normal. I love helping people with this little transition back to reality and normal life, and I love helping anyone in need.
A few fun facts about me:
- Vegetables are my favourite and I’ll pick them over any other food group.
- I have bungy-jumped and skydived.
- My favourite colour is green, all the different shades.
- My eyes are two different shades of blue & different sizes.
- During my off-times, you will find me under the sea! I am a certified PADI rescue diver and love the underwater life.
- I am definitely a summer person and don’t like cold weather at all.
- I have 10 little house plants that I care for and I’m proud of it.
- My favourite food is sushi and I always have it on Wednesdays.
- I’ve tried to develop a taste for beetroot, but I just couldn’t make it work. Cakes and smoothies didn’t mask the taste enough.
- I recently taught myself how to crochet and this is what I do in my spare time.
My special interests include chronic diseases (hypertension, diabetes mellitus, hypercholesteremia etc.), weight loss & mental health disorders.